Canadian Ranger

canadianranger250520-4-026
The Canadian Ranger was built in 1943 in Portland, Oregon. It has had a long life on the ocean and within the Great Lakes. Its first name was Grande Ronde. In 1961, it was rebuilt in West Germany. It was lengthened, widened and renamed the Hilda Marjanne. In 1984, it exchanged sterns with the Chimo and got its current name. Photo taken May 20, 2005.
*submitted to the Duluth News Tribune for publication on 08-25-2005