Drummond Islander II

drummond Islanderii2008Sep12_1981
The Drummond Islander III took over the car ferry duties of the Drummond Islander II in Lake Huron. MCM Marine, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan bought the ferry and uses it as a tug on dredge projects. It arrived in the Twin Ports on August 28th, bringing a barge and a work tug and a lot of pipe it is using to create a suction dredge for a project here. Above, it is tied up at the Meehan dock in Superior, where the John Sherwin used to be and the retired cement boat, J. B. Ford, built in 1904, is now. Photo taken on September 12, 2008
*submitted to the Duluth News Tribune for publication on 09-14-2008