|The J. B. Ford was built as the Edwin F. Holmes in Lorain in 1903. She started life on the Great Lakes hauling iron ore, coal and grain. In 1956, she was bought by Huron Cement Company for the purpose of hauling cement. In 1996, LaFarge Corporation, another cement company, purchased her. After several years serving as a cement storage unit, she was towed to Superior, Wisconsin in 2001 to continue service as a cement storage unit (a humble job for a former Great Lakes freighter). After efforts failed to save her as a museum ship, her future is in doubt but as of Summer, 2015, she remains at a dock in Superior. Above pictures taken in September, 2008; below in March, 2006.