Philip R. Clarke departs after 19th trip here

2016-1119-0296
The Philip R. Clarke departed Duluth late morning on Saturday, November 19, 2016. While here, she discharged limestone at the Hallett #5 dock and then went next door to load  iron ore pellets at the CN dock. She loaded fuel on her arrival. This was her 19th trip here this season; she made 17 visits last year. During the year, she loads limestone at, among other ports, Calcite and Stoneport, both in Michigan and discharges it at Detroit, Duluth, Gary  and Toledo. She loads iron ore pellets at both the CN docks in Duluth and Two Harbors, delivering that cargo to Gary. She was built by the American Ship Building Company in 1952 at Lorain, one of three built for the Pittsburgh Steamship Company. The others were the Arthur M. Anderson and the Cason J. Callaway, both of which visit Duluth often during the year.

Leave a Comment

*