Previous post:

Next post:

American Spirit leaves winter layup

March 23, 2012 · 13 comments

She battled a thick fog but the American Sprit had no trouble getting through the Duluth Harbor, under the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge and out to Lake Superior on her way to load iron ore pellets in Two Harbors

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Jodee Nelson December 6, 2012 at 9:45 am

Love your educational talks with the kids. The parents had their ears open as well and were learning with their children. The video is great and I just happen to know the Master very well. Holly sent me a link to this after you posted and made me feel a little more with him and the crew.

Steve, Barb & Jacob July 22, 2012 at 11:00 am

Just got back from our 3rd summer trip to Duluth….After watching this I want to go back…..

Jill from Alabama March 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I could just watch this over and over!

Kenneth Newhams March 29, 2012 at 11:10 am

Thanks; glad u enjoyed it; it is fun to do

C Moll March 29, 2012 at 11:03 am

Love to hear the ship & bridge horns. Special treat to see a ship slipping through the fog. Thank you for sharing a little of Duluth to those of us that miss the lake.

Derek March 26, 2012 at 9:40 am

Great video! I love when I get a chance to here the ship whistles! Can’t wait for my trip to Duluth in a couple weeks!

George March 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm

George A Stinson was the former name.

mnduluthfan March 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

For sure Ken you hit it with this video i agree with all the other posts and to hear the horns again was great
Keep up the sound work

Paul Badovinac March 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Ken:

You did it again, another classic. With all the sights & sounds, it gave me the “goosebumps” watching it.

Texas

Lee March 24, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Super super super video. Amazingly intriguing… sights, sounds, fog, people, children… the American Spirit. Wow. Thanks Ken. Now I know why Holly loves Duluth so very much!

Rita Carleski March 24, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I don’t know where to start! I love the little boy’s question, “Why is it leaking water?” That was precious. My grandsons were that little once. How appropriate for American Spirit to leave on such a foggy day. I should say rather ghostly appropriate. And my favorite footer. I was afraid she would leave thru Superior Entry. All the sights and sounds with a great boat. Even the bridge bells! Just totally COOL! Thanks, Ken

Rita from Zeeland MI

Kenneth Newhams March 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Jill Babble: no such thing; i listen to your every word and very much appreciate every one of them

Jill from Alabama March 24, 2012 at 10:04 am

Ah Ken!! I know I babble on and on about how great your videos are, but this is really one of your best ever! I love the kids’ comments. You were very kind and helpful to your little Boatnerds. The way you filmed your walk along the pier made me feel I was right there with you. Thanks so much.