American Spirit leaves winter layup

She battled a thick fog but the American Sprit had no trouble getting through the Duluth Harbor, under the Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge and out to Lake Superior on her way to load iron ore pellets in Two Harbors

Comments

1. Love your educational talks with the kids. The parents had their ears open as well and were learning with their children. The video is great and I just happen to know the Master very well. Holly sent me a link to this after you posted and made me feel a little more with him and the crew.

2. Steve, Barb & Jacob says:

Just got back from our 3rd summer trip to Duluth….After watching this I want to go back…..

3. Jill from Alabama says:

I could just watch this over and over!

4. Thanks; glad u enjoyed it; it is fun to do

5. Love to hear the ship & bridge horns. Special treat to see a ship slipping through the fog. Thank you for sharing a little of Duluth to those of us that miss the lake.

6. Great video! I love when I get a chance to here the ship whistles! Can’t wait for my trip to Duluth in a couple weeks!

7. George A Stinson was the former name.

8. mnduluthfan says:

For sure Ken you hit it with this video i agree with all the other posts and to hear the horns again was great
    Keep up the sound work

9. Paul Badovinac says:

Ken:

You did it again, another classic. With all the sights & sounds, it gave me the “goosebumps” watching it.

Texas

10. Super super super video. Amazingly intriguing… sights, sounds, fog, people, children… the American Spirit. Wow. Thanks Ken. Now I know why Holly loves Duluth so very much!

11. Rita Carleski says:

I don’t know where to start! I love the little boy’s question, “Why is it leaking water?” That was precious. My grandsons were that little once. How appropriate for American Spirit to leave on such a foggy day. I should say rather ghostly appropriate. And my favorite footer. I was afraid she would leave thru Superior Entry. All the sights and sounds with a great boat. Even the bridge bells! Just totally COOL! Thanks, Ken

Rita from Zeeland MI

12. Jill Babble: no such thing; i listen to your every word and very much appreciate every one of them

13. Jill from Alabama says:

Ah Ken!! I know I babble on and on about how great your videos are, but this is really one of your best ever! I love the kids’ comments. You were very kind and helpful to your little Boatnerds. The way you filmed your walk along the pier made me feel I was right there with you. Thanks so much.