|The Reserve arrived in Duluth on January 12, 2006 for winter layup. She came in as an Oglebay Norton steamer but departed as the newest boat in the growing K & K Warehousing fleet in Menominee, Michigan. Still called the Reserve, it is a self-unloader built in 1953 by Great Lakes Engineering Works at River Rouge, Michigan. It is 767 feet long and has a maximum carrying capacity of 26,000 tons. It is powered by a 7,000-hp steam turbine. In 1975, the Reserve was lengthened at Fraser Shipyards in Superior by 120 feet. A 260-foot self-unloading boom was added in 1983. With out these enhancements, the boat probably would not have lasted this long. Above, the Reserve enters the Duluth ship canal in November, 2001.