Previous post:

Next post:

Iglehart in the heart of the harbor

June 12, 2006 · 0 comments

jawiglehart220731-115
The J.A.W. Iglehart was built in 1936. At 501 feet long, it is the largest cement carrier to operate on the Great Lakes. Past names such as Pan Amoco betray its former life as an ocean going oil tanker. Her high bow is also a reminder of her days fighting large ocean waves. The Iglehart arrived early Sunday morning with a cargo of cement. This is the 3rd trip to the Twin Ports for the Iglehart. It was here 4 times last year.
*submitted to the Duluth News Tribune for publication on 06-12-2006

Leave a Comment