J.A.W. Iglehart

This boat was rebuilt to carry cement in 1965. That would be a long career on the lakes by itself, but the Iglehart was built almost 30 years earlier, in 1936, as an ocean-going tanker called the Pan Amoco. It has brought cement to the Twin Ports 42 times since 1996.
*submitted to the Duluth News Tribune for publication on 10-24-2004
Kenneth Newhams :