Iglehart carries cement

The J.A.W. Iglehart was built in 1936. At 501 feet long, it is the largest cement carrier to operate on the Great Lakes. Past names such as Pan Amoco betray its former life as an ocean going oil tanker. Her high bow is also a reminder of her days fighting large ocean waves. Photo taken September 27, 2002.
*submitted to the Duluth News Tribune for publication on 06-28-2004
Kenneth Newhams :